Beef Fondue and Dipping Sauces
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 quart (4 cups) peanut oil
- 1 (3-lb.) beef tenderloin or boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. fresh whole mushrooms
1To prepare aïoli dip, in small bowl, combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise and garlic; blend well. With wire whisk, beat in olive oil and salt until well blended.
2To prepare curry dip, in small bowl, combine all ingredients; blend well.
3To prepare horseradish sauce, in small bowl, combine all ingredients; blend well.
4To prepare steak sauce, in small bowl, combine all ingredients; blend well. Cover each dip or sauce tightly. Refrigerate until serving time.
5At serving time, heat peanut oil in fondue pot over medium heat until oil reaches 350°F. Place on warmer to maintain heat. Place beef cubes and mushrooms on serving platters.
6Pass beef and mushrooms to guests. Place 1 or 2 pieces beef and/or mushrooms on fondue fork. Place in hot oil; cook until beef is of desired doneness and mushrooms are tender. Serve with dips and sauces Enjoy it!